Prison Brews opened its doors on April 7, 2008 on the historic east
side of Jefferson City at 305 Ash Street in what is historically known
as Landwehr Dairy. The original building is circa 1895.
The 1904-05 City Directory lists L.H. Mueller, Horseshoer;
Blacksmithing and Wagon Making; “For First Class Work Give Us A
Trial,” at this address. In 1923, the building was labeled
a “Creamery” and by 1940, the building was labeled a
“Dairy.” During the early 1990’s, Sanning
Electric owned and operated their business from this location.